The Honeymoon: THE END
Though Ben and I constantly look at each other and say ".....HONEYMOON!" (to pretend we are still on it, or to remind each other of the fact that we had an incredible time, or, I Dont know why), we are actually done with our honeymoon. We had a few more days in Croatia and one in Bosnia, with some major burek and pite eating.

They just know how to make it better in Bosnia.
And I, for one, was glad to be back in Bosnia. We had been through a lot of war-destroyed Croatia, but it was nice to be back in a place I had been before, where I knew my way around and the spots. Ben was able to get deeper into the thick of Yugoslav history as we explored Mostar's gorgeous sites, all of which alternate with destroyed buildings.
We actually had to cross through Bosnia twice to get there and twice to get out. We didnt get any passport stamps (which disappointed Ben, Im sure! hehe) but we did get lots and lots and lots of Burek!
The last morning in Dubrovnik was truly a treat--we walked around the city walls. This is absolutely the best way to see the city (though at $12 a piece we were originally skeptical), and the rooftop views and the Island and the ports and the church towers and the old cobblestoned streets...are magnificent.
We had one last coffee and borded the Croatia Airlines bus to the airport, where we ate more burek and exchanged our last dollars.
Goodbye Croatia. Goodbye Slovenia. Goodbye Balkans. Goodbye Honeymoon. We will miss you, and we will be back. Ben says we are going to be Slovenia's best ambassadors. As I said, it is our new favorite country. EVER!
and HELLLLLLLLLLLLLO PARIS!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home