Lovehardsteins!

Our blog. Read it. And weep.

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Beer Club Lives!

Thanks to a recent article on Blissful Glutton about Udipi Cafe, we decided to go have south Indian food. Though there was no side to side head shaking/wagging, there was incredibly cheap and delicious food and we even got to bring out own beers. The best? The vada (lentil doughnut) with sambar and chutney...and the dosa with carmelized onions, potatoes, and peas. The uttampam was good, but next time we'll get idly (rice fat cake things!), vada and dosas.
Ben's food is cuter than his face, I thought.
But onto more important things. We have rejoined, albeit a slightly different group, for the consumption and exploration of beer.
A recent article in TIME mag about beer in Denver area got me really excited, so we had to try some Denver area beers. We got ourselves a ton of beer (despite the urging to not bring so much this time), and we strictly enforced the light to dark rule.

We found out no one likes Pilsners, not even a good one. (Below, she is faking it)
We found out I like beers that others compared to motor oil. Ariel was not a fan, but I was.
Of course imbibing couldn't occur without fresh pralines from New Orleans (we'd just arrived), cookies just out of the oven, and hummus from Earl St Market (a nearby Decatur joint).
The best beer? Um, I can't remember, but it was well loved by all. Was it Abita's Turbodog? Second was Abita's Jocamo--an India Pale Ale. (PS that was my contribution brought directly from NOLA). Then a dark wheat beer ranked highly, as did Chad & Ariel's Czech beer? Ok. I forget everything that happened. But I do know that it was good beer.

In spite of my continued traveling back and forth and back and forth and...again...from DC, I have managed to get a taste of this incredible spring. I love being outside, I love the breeze, the sun, the flowers, and we all agree here--Atlanta has the nicest spring of any city in the country.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sammy Pants said...

Atlanta DOES have the best spring - and this year we are getting an especially nice long blooming season...I have seen so many beautiful hydrangeas and peonies...Hope y'all are having fun out and about!

2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home