The Letter & The Response
From: Katy
Sent: Wednesday, April 09, 2008 8:09 AM
To: Entertainment@Delta.com
Subject: Feedback
Hello,
I was on Delta flight 21 from Paris to Altanta yesterday, April 8. I was beyond disappointed with the entertainment selections.
On my flight over from ATL-->CDG on March 24, we each had a personal TV. This was a great system, and I had made a mental note to always fly Delta abroad (I've traditionally relied on European carriers as I find their service stellar). However, on the way back to Atlanta, we only had the overhead movies and the selections for entertainment were terrible. (Most people would prefer the personal TV system for the way back, as they are awake the whole time).
First, the film was "Enchanted", a film appropriate for absolutely no one on the plane as there was only a few children and most were under 3. The next film was something terrible with Nicholas Cage (National Treasure) and the third was another children's picture, about the Loch Ness Monster. Why on earth were all three movies children's movies selected, when surely, most flying from Paris are indeed adults? For a 10 hours flight, it is totally inappropriate to only show children's films.
Finally, on a less important note, the "planeguage" scenes are not amusing at all, in my opinion.
Thank you for soliciting my feedback!
Catherine, frequent Delta Flyer
---
THE RESPONSE:
rom Entertainment
to Katy
date Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 9:38 AM
subject RE: Feedback
mailed-by delta.com
Catherine,
Thanks so much for the feedback and nice words about our in-seat entertainment offering. I completely agree that in-seat, on-demand entertainment is the preferred option -- especially on long flights.
Over the last 18 months we've installed Delta on Demand at every seat on 100 domestic aircraft and 41 international aircraft. However, our 767-300ER fleet, which is dedicated to transatlantic service, does not yet offer in-seat entertainment in the economy cabin. Delta is continually working toward improving our customers' onboard experience and we hope to offer Delta on Demand at every seat on all international flights in the near future.
Regarding the selection of movies on our overhead screens...unfortunately, because the overhead screens are visible to everyone in the cabin, we are limited to G, PG and PG-13 movies. That means that many of the movies offered on overhead screens are geared more toward a family audience. Additionally, legislation was recently introduced in Congress which would severely limit what can be shown on overhead screens.
I realize that entertainment is an important aspect of the in-flight experience and Delta takes seriously every customer's concerns regarding content. Thank you again for writing and I hope you will continue to include Delta in your travel plans.
Please feel free to contact me directly with any future comments.
Chris Babb
Product Manager - In-Flight Entertainment & Media
Delta Air Lines, Inc.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home