Lovehardsteins!

Our blog. Read it. And weep.

Monday, April 21, 2008

Birthday gift

I just got the best birthday gift ever!!! It’s not my birthday yet, and I actually will never get the gift, but it’s the nicest thing ever. Ben told me he emailed my favorite radio show dj (KEXP’s Derrek Mazzone who runs “Wo Pop,” a world music show) to ask for a list of songs Ben could compile and give me for my birthday. Unfortunately, it’s….not gonna work out (not sure why) but I thought it was pretty awesome and I gave Ben a big hug.

Below are pictures from New Orleans. Thanks Ariel for the photos!! First is Washboard Chaz Trio at the Apple Barrel. Highly recommended! Amazing musicians, the harmonica player was armed with 10 or so harmonicas.

Below at the all-famous Preservation Hall. Wonderful music, dancing tuba player, but sad to see the audience was all white. Now this below is the obligatory Abita Amber with Ariel's Mahi Mahi at Elizabeth's, Italian beans & sweet potato fries as the sides. And the delicious fluffy totally fried beignets with mounds of powdered white sugar dust flying all around...
Cochon's oyster & bacon sandwich. They slaughter a pig every day there. I ate its cheeks.
My insanely delicious meal at Elizabeth's! That's fish.
And below is fish somewhere else..Jacques-Imos? I can't remember where.
Lastly, the impotant thing to say is we had round two of beer club. I discovered I absolutely love dark beer. I already knew that. But apparently I was the only one. Best beer had was Oscar Blues Ten-Fidy. To die for!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that last fish pic is definitely at cochon & involved some sort of sauteed fennel on the side, but i'm not sure what kind of fish it was....

5:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home