An American Family in Paris
We were so, so sad to see the end of our honeymoon. It had been three weeks of bliss. We love you Slovenia. We will be coming up with some HIGHLIGHTS to capture more than the "We went here. It was great! Then we went here! It was great too!" and to give y'al some real insight. The one major tip I have right now is get to Slovenia. ASAP. It is God's gift to earth.
And now, Paris. It feels super different to be in Western Europe. And we were really ready for it, too! Reaching the airport, I immediately felt happy, because I could once again communicate! I could read the billboards! I could understand the announcements! I could respond in conversation (albeit slowly...). And boy, it makes a hell of a difference.
Victoire's familys house is where we are staying. Vic lived with the Ging/Ger's in Cincy for a year as an exchange student, and we now have the pleasure of being a guest with her. Her house is incredible, on this wonderful plot of land with a beautiful view of Paris. Her mother is an incredibly talented artiste who works with painting/clay/and most recently, woodprints. Truly a joy to be surrounded by so many works of creativity!
We are treated to the best bread I've ever had, croissants, forrest fruit jams, couscous, and incredible desserts. We have been leisurely exploring the city..the Rodin museum, the Seine, the National Library, and having a blast. It is not the rushed hot hot hot go see it all now gogogo! tourism I thought it might be. It feels like vacation.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home