Lovehardsteins!

Our blog. Read it. And weep.

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Fame and Glory!

All of you well read people probably know this already, because the first thing you do on Sunday morning is read the New York Times Travel Section Letters to the Editor, but in case you missed it today, "Katy Love, Washington, DC," my wifey, is the author of this sassy piece which is sure to make millions of readers smirk. She rules!

December 23, 2007

Letters: Beautiful Bulgaria

To the Editor: I was terribly disappointed by your piece "Is Bulgaria Really Skiing’s Next Hot Spot?" (Dec. 2). Having traveled extensively in Eastern Europe, I can say with great pride that Bulgaria is exquisitely beautiful: one-third of the country is blessed with mountains, the food is superb — delicious cheese and yogurts, foods laced with nuts and garlic, grilled meats, fresh fruit (above) — and, most importantly, it is home to a most hospitable and generous people.

While I can’t comment on Bansko’s skiing scene, nor on the thin, gray carpeting of the author’s hotel, it seems to me he got a steal for $60 a day. Leave Bulgaria to those of us with a spirit of adventure, for I can assure you, we will be warmly welcomed!

Katy Love
Washington D.C.


In case you are curious as to how it was edited, here is Katy's original (even sassier) letter:

I was terribly disappointed by Matt Gross' whiny piece on Bulgaria (12/2). Having traveled extensively in Eastern Europe, I can say with great pride that Bulgaria is exquisitely beautiful: 1/3 of the country is blessed with mountains, the food is superb (delicious cheese and yogurts, foods laced with nuts and garlic, grilled meats, fresh fruit!), and most importantly, the country is home to a most hospitable and generous people.

While I can't comment on Bansko's skiing scene, nor on the thin, gray carpeting carpeting of his hotel, it seems to me he got a steal for $60 a night a day (and moreover, did he really expect North American luxury for peanuts?). Alas, it seems he sadly missed out on the heart of Bulgaria and perhaps should stick to his pampered ski resorts in North America and Europe. Leave Bulgaria to those of us with a spirit of adventure, for I can assure you, we will be warmly welcomed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home