My stuff done left me
After what proved to be a hellish experience for Ben, all my stuff has been moved to ATL. That is, the stuff that wasn't sold on Craigslist, a place I have renewed admiration for. I got free boxes, gave away free boxes, and sold various furniture items, with minimal sketchiness. My bed was bought by, as my friend Rebecca described them, "the most homo-ambiguous military men and cheap-skate chaplains I've ever met. " Well that about sums up the experience. Other than being ripped off by them and selling the bed for too little, the rest of my stuff all sold, for cheap, but for good prices. YAY. It's done.
As for poor Ben, he drove down to ATL (12 hours) on Wednesday in an unmarked van with no way to play music so he listened to Christian talk radio the whole time. On Friday, he drove it up. He's such a good man!
And finally, as for DC....I'm going to miss this place. Not so much the museums (which I did take good advantage of over the years) and certainly not the general attitude, but my farmers markets (Dupont, Takoma, even you, Mt Plez). I will miss All Souls church. Thank god they broadcast online (heh). Most of all, I will deeply miss my friends. I will miss you all so much. Come visit in the ATL!
And now...onto the holidays!

1 Comments:
Yeah, Ben was changed (reborn, if you will) after that trip down to Atlanta. He kept relating everything we did to passages from the Bible.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home