Peru = Heaven on Earth; I've got the pics to prove it
I thought I was done with LAC, as I've previously mentioned. (See Cusco directly above). Nope. It's the best thing in the world. Machu Picchu was maybe one of the most gorgeous and amazing things I've ever seen in my life. No take out "maybe" and "one of" -- it was truly the most amazing! Even with tourists in technicolor raincoats all over.
And Lima was totally exciting--got out of airport and took mad amounts of combis and buses swerving cross the busy streets to avoid the $20 taxi into the city. Plus, I had the time. It was an adventure, trying to get to Dawn's mom/grandpa's house--the artist/sculptor Delfin! But what an amazing place. Barranco, Miraflores...I walked across the malecon (coastline) to Lover's Park. Had a nice time wandering as dusk descended, never feeling out of my comfort zone...ahh! And then I was whisked back to DC. That's some weird culture shock. It's just weird how you can be in a totally remote part of the world one hour and 24 hours later be back home.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home