All the Great Things I did today (and other Bad Habits)
It's time to pack. Well first, I must clean and wean and glean my stuff. I therefore dedicate this to anyone who has ever suffered through one of my "packing parties." But luckily today it's just me.
It started out innocently enough, putting on CD's I hadn't heard in a long time, combing through old letters and photographs, etc. I saw old magazines featuring me (why did I keep four copies of them, though?), letters written to me from women in Costa Rica, lots and lots of taxes/financial stuff, even my diploma surfaced. I must say, today was the first time I ever appreciated my diploma. Boy, it looks pretty.
But soon enough I was trying on old jewelry (why do I continue to tote around my bracelets from 8th grade? my father's flower ring?), clothes I hadn't seen since I moved in here, and the worst: half used toiletries (now it's not really as nasty as it sounds, but you know, lots of half used bottles of shampoo or lotion).
But it didn't really occur how ridiculous the whole thing was until I was running around the house covered in mud (that is, "dead sea minerals, detoxifying and firming body mask) and Indian oil on my hair. At least then, even I could see the amusement in my predicament.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home