Lovehardsteins!

Our blog. Read it. And weep.

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Wedding tour continues...whirls to Minnesota!

The duo headed north this past extendedly long weekend, traveling to Saint Paul, where they were hosted by their two lovely aunts met with the extended family. The family warmly welcomed the couple into their midst, showering them with love and much family lore. All who attended indulged in Norweigan wedding cake.

Afterwards, we headed up North to the Ely cabin, where we watched fall in all its glory (bright yellows! oranges! even reds!), sauned in the wood sauna, paddled on the misty lake, walked through the gorgeous leaves, and cooked ourselves crazy with produce from the Iverson garden.
I continued reading Barbara Kingsolver's book on food, and while I love her ideas, her messages and SOME of her thoughts, I am so disgusted with her moral superiority tone. She begrudges Americans (and generally her readers) as urban gas guzzlers who are insensitive and rude to rural folk, have no clue or interest in food production and farming, extremely self-righetous (what? us?! what about her?!?!) and generally selfish and stupid. It makes me so mad. Otherwise tho, I'm excited to make my own cheese and bread. And yogurt. And have my own garden...someday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home