
Let the wedding festivities never stop!! We traveled in masses (en masse?) to Cincinnati, via Baltimore, Dayton, Atlanta, Colorado Springs, Champaign, etc to join Mimi and Al in another fabulous wedding celebration. The weekend was filled with wonderful folks from M & A's circles of neighborhood friends, church friends, college friends, co-worker friends, etc, and of course, many wonderful family members who came from near and far to be with us. Mimi organized a wonderful evening/afternoon event at a Garden with a harp trio, delicious caterers, and...well, it just wouldn't be complete without the gladiolas! We were all labeled as "bride" "groom" "mother of groom," "friend of groom," etc. A lot of FOGs around. My sweet parents joined us for the whole weekend, which was such a special treat for me. And Mama can't come to someone's house without bringing several homeade pies, which she did (my favorites--apple & blueberry). Saturday was capped off by a family night on Wyatt Ave with singing, guitar playing, more drinking, playing, eating, etc. Three cheers to Mimi for being a wonderful coordinator with so much love for us all!!
On Sunday, we were hosted at a lovely house in North Avondale by family friends who made some of the most delicious grits, baked French Toast and fritata you have ever had. The brunch was quite laid-back and honestly, delightful.
The weekend wrapped up at the gym--of course--working off those pounds, playing racketball etc.
And I must say one more thing. I am so glad Adam fixed my tire. I had no bike for two days and I hated it. I felt trapped by the public transit system. Though I heard many a horror story in Cincin this wknd about biking, I'm glad to be back in control of my own destiny...
1 Comments:
Dang it Ben, we need to start playing racquetball down here. Looks like you've already started working on your game. Let's make this happen. Lauren is always going to Clairemont to play tennis, if they have courts we should just grab one there.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home