one week...and so much to do!
I have really surprised myself. This wedding has taken the entire past year to plan--with, likely, thousands of hours logged by the main culprits & their mothers. For much of it, I didn't seem to care too much about what kinds of table linens were used, what color dresses the bridesmaids wore, which exact readings were done at the ceremony, how the beer got moved from one area to the next & how it was served at the tables, what kind & which number of glasses were used at each piece, etc....now, surprisingly, I really DO care! I've spent the last few weeks caring about what I thought were important details (which shade of paper to print something on, which kind of ink for the ceremony's program, which shape the bridal table will be at the dinner, etc)...until suddenly realizing THOSE actually aren't the important details.
Still, a week to go, much remains to be done. Wedding music arranged, food caterers STILL need to come thru with a menu, coordination with Lee, buying shoes, writing vows (yikes!), finalizing weekend agenda, coordinating HAIR arrangements, wedding liscence pickup, buying keg tubs, making welcome signs, coordinating with photo man, coordinating folks' rides, table assignments, flowers, etc etc etc. NEVERENDING Drama. But still, the most important thing is....that I will be a married woman in a week! Totalllllllly crazy.
This is a stupid post. But, it's ok to know about the minutia in my life right now and the details details details that have to be worked out. One thing is for sure--I will enjoy every second of someone else's wedding in the future. Knowing what goes into a wedding, how much work it is, what can totally tick off the bride and groom (and avoiding doing so)--all for one day (or in our case, several days). It will be so nice to sit back, relax, and enjoy someone else's show!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home