Lovehardsteins!

Our blog. Read it. And weep.

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Our most fabulous dessert ever

The occasion: our friends Vargo and Lauren threw a BBQ party on Sunday.

The idea: Kitchen Exhibitionist

The process: on Saturday we set to work on a rainbow jello mold.
  1. Buy many flavors (colors) of jello
  2. Buy Bundt pan
  3. Spend entire afternoon a slave to the timer and stickiness-testing each jello layer
  4. Let set overnight
  5. Pray
  6. Extract the mold at the party
The product:


The reviews:
  • "You made that? Crazy..."
  • "Whoa, its ROY-G-BIV!"
  • "That is awesome!!! - And I'd say that even if I hadn't drank 3 pints of German malt liquor!"
  • "Yum, taste the rainbow."
  • "I thought you were bringing tiramisu."
The lessons learned:
  1. Katy is a very good bocce ball player. Ben's Italian uncles would be proud.
  2. The Kitchen Exhibitionist recipe for this jello monstrosity is great - however we would tweak them in one way. The recipe says to let the yogurt jello set so that you spoon it into the mold. We think it is easier to only let it set a little and then to pour it very slowly into the mold. If it is so hard that only spooning works, the layer is uneven - very very very not ok.
  3. Everyone should try this. Maybe.
  4. Ben thought it tasted pretty good. Katy thought it was pretty, but tasted like crap. Or pixie sticks. Or cough syrup.
  5. This dessert is the perfect companion for a party where you feel additional conversation pieces might be needed (this wasn't the case for the party we brought it to)
  6. Jello is amazing. Just amazing.

2 Comments:

Blogger APUnit said...

This is halarious and creative. Man, this is gross. Good job! Gross!

8:02 PM  
Blogger vargo said...

It sat in our fridge for a night and I invited Matt to try some the next night. He didn't finish what I gave him but I was gettin hooked by the end of it all. I need that sugar fix.

7:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home