Atlanta
In my most exciting title for a post ever, and certainly my most exciting entry ever, I intend to give you a taste of my life here in Atlanta. Some more highlights:
I have eaten at Com--a Vietnamese restaurant that revolutionized my appreciation for the food
I have taken some African Dance classes--I forgot how much I love West African music, drums, dance...I bought a year membership, so here's a good reason to stay here at least a year!
I have loved the Brick Store--Brooklyn Chocolate Stout is my new favorite beer. Ever! Making me think I should stay til I get through all Brick Store's many beers.
Coffee shops here, I've enjoyed--delicious coffees, nice work environments, ahhh...Agnes Scott Library being the cream of the crop, which includes my Sunday ritual of delving through the NYTimes
Sweet Water St Park journey again this past wknd, prompting me to buy a GA St Park Pass, prompting me to think I should live here til I get to all the St Parks. GA rules! Obama Territory, too! (Oh, btw, I switched to my IL man, now that we are one good man down).Listening to CD mixes friends have recently made me--makes me REappreciate the art of the mix...reading good books like Joan Didion's "The Year of Magical Thinking," learning about finances (erheajkrhejsk) and getting outside and running often (thank goodness for mild GA winters) and listening to my favorite KEXP show, Wo' Pop--exploring world music like it's my job and delighting in sharing it with others (anyone know Concha Buika? Dj Rehka? All sorts of Eastern European gypsy music? I am indulging!)
Cooking all the time, new recipes & old. a real delight. and much welcomed. by me, AND ben :)
And finally, I'm beginning to reconnect & deepen friendships. Good to reconnect with Mtn folk and hang out with friends of friends. Thank yal for getting me in the loop!
CALL ME! I miss you, probably, unless you are in ATL, in which case I see you, like, every day.

2 Comments:
Yo Katy, come out a have a beer next time I'm at Brickstore. Or come have a drink or a juice or something at my place in L5P, and I'll introduce you to a whole mess of crazy people. Oh wait, I don't know any more crazy people since entering student life. All the same, I'd be happy to show you a little more of the town.
Wait, who posted this? It sounds exactly like all the things Ben loves and does in Atlanta. Right down to the beer. Yes, the Brickstore rules, but why no mention of YDFM and why haven't we had Vietnamese food together yet? When Lauren and I lived in Ice House we'd sneak down to Carpe Diem for coffee and dessert. Tell Ben to make it a date and be sure to get the mussels.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home