Lovehardsteins!

Our blog. Read it. And weep.

Friday, January 18, 2008

Only in NYC


Only in this wonderful city of New York could Eastern European food be considered trendy and cool. After being introduced to the wonderful East Village Ukrainian restaurant "Veselka." My friend Miriam introduced me to the place, and I, the Eastern European food skeptic, timidly agreed to check it out. Well I'm glad I did, and I've been going back for vegetarian borscht with challah, sweet cheese pierogis and cabbage rolls ever since. New York is so fine in its restaurants and eateries. One could spent a life time here getting plump and satiated.

Other deliciousness I explored included Angelika's Kitchen which I tried to resist for its being vegan, and am overjoyed that I ate there, as well as the wonderful 1950s style home food Kitchenette. I also ate a pumpkin cranberry scone at Once Upon a Tart, a favorite cookbook that turned out to be a good restaurant!

And now, to the Berkshires with the girlfriends to enjoy the 3 day wknd!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home