Best exhibits
In the past few weeks, we've traveled all over the Midwest. We did Ely, St Paul (where we had the most wonderful polenta you could ever imagine, and I don't even like polenta!), stopped in Osseo to have some amazing rhubarb pie at the Norske Nook, which had been recommended to us by two people!
We then traveled to Milwaukee to continue Ben's bday party tour. We were impressed by this city and its architecture, and there we did jazz, art, walking, eating, drinking. A perfect night and next day, and had a lovely brunch at Roots, which features creative local food (they own their own farm). Yummy. No--delicious!
Now we're in Champaign, eating at my fave spots (Radio Maria, Kopi, Kofusion, Bread Co) and chillin at the AGRICULTURE library (only in the midwest!) and other choice spots like Espresso. We saw a bluegrass band that ruled last night with our couple friend who just got engaged (hoorraaah!) and talked about beer at the Rose Bowl, I mean...the home of country music. We're chillin with my folks who have kindly made us dinners and breakfasts galore, and treated us to some great workouts at the gym.
Over this last month, we've had the chance to see some awesome exhibits. We started with the Hopper at the Ntl Gallery. Totally amazing. Highly recommended.
Then onto Ansel Adams/Annie Liebowitz at the Corcoran. So different, and both SO D*MN good! Next was the Nebraska quilt exhibit at my fave Smithsonian museum, the Renwick. It was just...the best. I love quilts, and each had an incredible story to go along with it. I would love to see the Gee's Bend exhibit...which I can't seem to catch!
Finally, we just did the Frida Kahlo exhibit in minnesota! Wowie--so fun, bright and anguished at once! I am dying to see her house in Coyoacán! Oh, Mexico! 

2 Comments:
National Pie Champions as named by the American Pie Council.?!? Amazing.
The Pie Council defines itself as the only organization committed to preserving America's pie heritage and promoting American's love affair with pies. Designed to raise awareness, enjoyment and consumption of pies, the APC offers both Personal and Commercial Memberships.
Just noticed that the national championships are sponsored by Crisco.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home