Lovehardsteins!

Our blog. Read it. And weep.

Sunday, February 03, 2008

Atlanta, 1 week later

I'm not gonna lie. This has been a wonderful week and a hard week. I've gotten to spend a lot of time with Ben (wonderful) and I miss my friends/community/life (hard). I forgot to remember that this was about me moving away from one life to start another life. And that I only know a handfull of (amazing) people, which does not a social life make!

But we went to Sweetwater Creek State Park today [above], and I am certain that this is a great place to live. The state park, while in the midst of January, was a thriving/poppin'/vibrant state park. Once again, I must give the GA State Park System a THANK YOU for having so many great places to chill.

Highlights of the past week, as I get settled and unpack (and continue to work full time during working hours) include:

1. a memorable dinner at Watershed (Scott Peacock's place), with some of the best grits/fish/Southern food you may ever eat!

2. seeing the apt go from "katy's warehouse" full o boxes to much more organized, calm, tranquil place of living it's always been

3. fun run (against rabies) with ariel and reconnecting with ATL friends through fab suprise parties, brunches, dinners, etc. PS if you have any friends in Atlanta, I'm ready to be connected. Otherwise I may resort to this (:-p????):

New to Atlanta or Just Looking for New Friends?

Come hang out with the largest FREE all VOLUNTEER social group in the world.There are no membership fees to be a part of MEETinATLANTA, all you have to do is pay for your own cost of the event. (For example, if you go out with the group to see a movie, you pay for the cost of your ticket, share of dinner etc.) WE DO NOT make any money on any of our events. For more information on local events go to http://www.meetin.org/ or see our podcasts to find out event more about the MEETin vibe at http://www.meetin.org/city/MEETinATLANTA/Podcast.cfm Many sites imitate us but there is only one MEETin.org :-p

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home