Keep a Child Alive
I keep thinking of the Keep A Child Alive Foundation. Truer words about my life could not be spoken. I have one mission in life right now, and it is to keep the child alive. We are adjusting pretty well to the life of parents of newborns. We spent a lot of time feeding him, changing him, trying to get him to sleep, watching him sleep...and little time doing much else! Even meeting our own basic needs has felt like a stretch at times. We desperately need to get better at sleeping in the day because we sure ain't getting it at night. But I feel we have little to complain about in that department. Every day we spend, admiring his tiny body, is a gift together. We are deeply aware of that.
My reflection on Day 8: being a parent is amazing! Ben and I are in constant awe of this tiny person we produced. We have been lucky to share him with both sets of grandparents as well as several of our friends and look forward to doing so with more. We have felt so very fortunate to have incredible love and support from our family and friends. We have been showered with gifts, had meals prepared for us, our entire fridge cleaned, clothes washed, and received lots of loving cards and messages of support. It feels so incredibly good to be enveloped by this community of supporters. As they say, it takes a village...
I'm sitting next to our dear baby, as he occasionally squeaks or squeals in his sleep, looking angelic as can be. It's time to get to bed and take advantage of some sleepy time.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home