Lovehardsteins!

Our blog. Read it. And weep.

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Been a Long Time Gone

Greetings, followers! I cannot believe how quickly my time went in PaP. And yet how long it feels that I was there. I've never traveled for work (while being based in the US) for four weeks. My, how it differs from my average two week trip!

As you may know (or see below), I got very ill at one point and really wished I could come home. But five days later, I bounced right back, loving my project (an evaluation), my team, and my coworkers at the office. I felt so lucky to have joined such an incredibly impressive, committed cohort of folk. So many memories, and so much learned. Tried uploading photos now but blogger being annoying and preventing me from doing so.

I am back in the US and now fighting off what just may be my first cold in years--got a sore throat latching its claws into me (specifically my left gland!) and am trying to rest up so I don't get sick yet again. The thought of getting sick again makes me sick itself.

Coming home feels odd--so wonderful to be in a familiar place and reunite with my love, but also so hard to have such a positive experience come to such an abrupt end. I would be lying if I didn't admit to having some desires to stick around longer in Haiti. I have also been considering whether Ben and I could do a stint abroad at some point. But first: we must move out to California for a few months.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

When are you headed out to San Francisco? And how long will you be there? Looking forward to seeing you in November.

6:46 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm pretty sure SF is abroad compared to GA...

12:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home