Happy B-Day, Ben!
So much has been happening and blog updates are long overdue--maybe Ben would do the Spain update... because after we got back from all that we took a lovely trip to Savannah to visit our friend Adam whose parents have a house on Tybee Island. We took a lovely trip in the fog of the ocean (by the way, temp was around 70 degrees and water was pleasant). Ben and I rode the tandem, making us excited for our OTHER tandem (bike!). We day tripped around the island and then took a break to play Koob.
Don't know Koob? I didn't either--but now I do, and boy it is fun. Sort of similar to bocce, but more engaging, and dare I say it...more fun?! If you ever want to come play bocce with us, though, we have some great places around here (Agnes!).
We ate delicious meals, making our famous goat cheese/pine nut/raisin/roasted red pepper enchildads and homemade guac (Ben about freaked when he realized we didn't have cilantro and they likely didn't have it on the whole island). The next day the genius Nate made huevos rancheros. Perfect!
We had to swing by Savannah on the way out, take a stroll around the lovely green green green plaza oriented city, and walked down to the river as well. We stopped by Leopold's Ice Cream, too, the most delicious lemon custard I've had that even beats out Champaign's Custard Cup. (Dare I say that?). My only regret is that I wasn't hungry to try Mabel Francis Potter’s Cupcake Emporium. It looked insanely good!
And...yesterday's bday was Ben's! We had a lovely day together, well, skip the whole part we spent at work, and got to try Six Feet Under. Must have the largest portion sizes this side of the Mississip. I wasn't feeling well and couldn't join the BSP group, but I hope Ben enjoyed his bday as much as I did!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home