Lovehardsteins!

Our blog. Read it. And weep.

Friday, September 26, 2008

Jobs? Who Needs Them!

We posted our car on Craigslist for sale today for about $500 less than its bluebook value. There was also about half a tank of gas and we just had it cleaned for $130, so Katy felt like that had to be worth something. Apparently she was right--because about 9 people called in the first few hours after we posted it. The first guy came over and said he wanted a pickup truck, but if he didn't find one tomorrow, he wanted the car. But too bad for him and all the people that came after him, because the second couple that came to check out the car bought it there. We are really glad and enthused so much by this Craigslist sale that we've decided to auction off our entire apt on C-list instead of getting jobs.

Please readers, any ideas on how we can employ ourselves? Katy strongly prefers "self-employed" to "unemployed," so how else do you suggest we generate some income?

On a totally different note, Ben told Katy he really wanted to blog post more of "what we are thinking" rather than "what we are doing." Katy retorted that why would anyone care what we are thinking, only people would care what we are doing. But then Ben pointed out "Why would people care what we are doing?" and the answer to that was "I [Katy] care what we are doing, and I don't keep a diary, so how can I expect my greatgreat grandkids to ever know what I was doing?"

But to appease Ben, Katy decided to publish a thought she had today. Below it follows.

Leaf blowers are ridiculous. I watched some man use one and watched the wind blow the leaves right back into his yard. I laughed.

Haiku:
Leafblowers: why use?
They waste so much energy.
And the leaves float back.

Another thing I am thinking is GOODBYE DAVID, have fun in Spain. David is going to Spain for the year. He's going near Oviedo where he lived a few years ago (Ovideo is featured in Vicky Cristina Barcelona, the cutest new movie!).

Another thing I am thinking is I just finished a book yesterday. It was overdue because I couldn't read it fast enough. Then I checked out another book called Persepolis 2. I am thinking it was ok, but not as good as the first one, but I still read it in one day. Yes it was a comic book. A Literary Comic Book Though. Now I am going to start "When you are engulfed in flames," (Click on that to read the review) by D Sedaris, because I was #151 on the waiting list and now it's finally my turn. Thanks Decatur Library.

That's what I'm thinking. Welcome to my brain.

1 Comments:

Blogger ben said...

I DIDN'T SAY "SPEW YOUR BRAIN ALL OVER THE BLOG!"

7:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home