Job Searching: A World of Fun!
Let me tell you what I've been up to in terms of job searching. Having acknowledged the fact that any job search will take several weeks, if not months, and having decided I want to wait for a great opportunity, I have decided to look at part-time opportunities. I'm hitting up my old roots as a babysitter, and asking former colleagues if they know of any consulting gigs. But also, I'm going where I have never been before...the jobs posting on Craigslist Atlanta.
Wow, never in my wildest dreams have I seen so many job postings. People apparently now skip the regular sites and go straight to C-L. Well, not everyone does, but there are certainly hundreds of jobs posted daily. And some of them are quite weird.
I have been tempted by such opportunities as "pet bather" and "body guard" but the one called "biotrauma remediation technician" did not pique my interest, especially because it was followed by the words "death scene clean-up." Gory.
I was interested in "unliscensed optician," because I am certainly unliscensed though not an optician. But I'm sure I'd have great advice for anyone's eyes. "Radio model" was a fascinating sounding job. I'm so confused by it. Despite my strong allergy to horses, I was tempted to apply for "horse farm manager." Or Horse lover Person to do pony rides. I am definitely horse lover person. Not!
But more than anything, I really like postings that read "earn thou$and$ per week" or:
Earn $500 a week...
Every Week...
I'm serious...
Okay, sometimes only $300 a week...
But I've also considered lots of other ideas involving baking. They are pretty fun ideas until I start thinking in specifics, at which time I throw up my hands and bake a cake.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home