Lovehardsteins!

Our blog. Read it. And weep.

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Since I saw a Chef in Love many years ago, I have wanted to go to Georgia. Enchanted with the East/West collision, by the mysterious Georgian Orthodox church (different from traditional Eastern Orthodox) and with a slight twist of adventure crammed into one country. It seemed to me a country of mystery and intrigue, yet with joyful culture and culinary delights! And it has not disappointed. It has overwhelmed me with love towards this small and wonderfully passionate country! I am bordering on cheesy here, but it is truly how I feel!

They say Georgia is like Scotland—for the similarities in Mountain dwelling peoples (though Scotlands' are not as high), the love of music and dance, the constant invasions, the continuous and deep traditions, and the fierce pride in the people who live there. I can’t say, having not really been to Scotland (doesn’t count when you’re 1), but I can vouch that Georgia meets these criteria.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home