Another Country Again
I have not posted in forever because of lack of internet access. Lack of free time. Lack of desire to be at a computer. So many excuses. I've been with a group of 21 youth and 3 adult leaders leading a trip to Costa Rica for a program called Global Works. It's been awesome and so good to be back in a country I know and love so well. We've been all over the country. Started off with a fantastic 2 day rafting trip in the jungle, then Monteverde rainforest (having been there so many times didn't diminish my enjoyment), and now are doing a homestay now in Perez Zeledon. Tomorrow we are off to the beach where we'll do a canopy tour zip/line thingy and learn to surf. Hrmm. Don't worry, I have 85 SPF bloqueador!
And in an odd twist of fate, I was able to meet up with our dear Jenny T (who lives about 20 min up the road from my town!) and visit my town of Savegre (where I spent so many years) both for much less than ideal time. Jenny I saw for 5 minutes and Savegre I was there about 14 hours. Oh well, better than nothing, but left me wishing for much more. I am seriously considering coming back in Sept or Oct for another week or so.
Since I continue to feel totally uninspired and would rather be outside or drinking a tropical fruit juice, I will leave it at that. Ben is in Wyoming and Montana (I suppose one or the other, but not sure which) and leading a trip. My trip is going well. Surely his is too.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home