Lovehardsteins!

Our blog. Read it. And weep.

Friday, September 11, 2009

Still Alive

In case anyone reads this blog to simply make sure Ben and I are still alive, let me assure you, we are still alive. And well. And healthy.

Even though I would note that my reading of blogs has skyrocketed, thanks to my discovery of the wonderful community of international development slash humanitarian aid bloggers (look here, here, and here...oh wait, and one of my favorites, here, and the best of the best, here). And there's more where that came from. But I am definitely blogging less.

Why? A few reasons I can think of. One, I'm not sure who my audience is and am questioning the point. I guess I used to like doing it when I thought it would be a great way to stay in touch with people. I guess it still is. And second, I use facebook a lot more than the blog to update with photos, status updates, etc. A 140 character limit is a lot more intimidating than the traditional "blank page" of a blog. So that's where I've been.

But I've been loving all these other blogs I'm reading!

An update: life continues as normal. Nothing dramatic happens. We explore Northern Georgia & Western North Carolina as much as can. We got robbed in the middle of the night at a friend's house in NC. That was scary. Hey, that's an update! Work for both of us is good--always VERY challenging but that's not a bad thing! We go to the Brick Store Pub from time to time. We bike every day possible to work. We like exploring the Southeast. We are baking bread for the first time ever, thanks to the Breeds who encouraged us to try, and now we can't stop. Obviously I am cooking as much as I can (including a homemade tomato sauce and gazpacho as we speak slash I type). We have a garden, and it's doing well with zucchini (well those are dead now), eggplant (from time to time, requires too much TLC), and lots and lots of herbs & peppers. We've just put in our fall garden with kale, chard, onions, carrots, etc. And we have given birth to two children. ..... NOT!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Aww... for whatever it's worth, I recently commented (out loud, in real life) that I missed your blog updates. And I am not on Facebook.

The Leigh Lake hike blew my mind, and the Snake River Brewery was wonderful. Pictures to come. <3

10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home