Life Is Good
(Does that remind you of those silly t-shirts?)
1. I am gainfully employed. For the time being (til Dec 20) at CARE, working on the Emergency Capacity Building Project. That is a good thing, and I'm enjoying learning about how huge relief/development agencies operate. There's lots there, lots to learn. I already had the pleasure of going back to DC for a meeting (but I took advantage and saw Solome, my g-parents & Adam...all in one visit!). I still need to post about my intermittent employment experiences!
2. It is fall. Leaves are turning, it is getting cold, apple cider is here. Warm my soul. (Actually our heat is turned off). It's time for lots of soups, warm drinks, and pulling out our beautiful Pendleton blanket wedding gift from Kathy/Jeffrey/Bill.
3. KEXP's Wo' Pop is on--best world music show!
4. Ben just made pizza, a Mexican pizza for which he special cooked these yummy black beans...I'm excited!
5. I've read so many great books lately, and currently on Unaccustomed Earth by JL (I forget her name, but she's awesome).
6. I bought a monthly MARTA pass. I still have to figure out if this saves me money, and it was when I was buying this that someone stole my phone. Lots of love and hate there!!
7. I talked to My Mama today. And I heard from my Mama in Law...there is a contest going on in the family to make apts with the dentist (Ben's side has such excellent oral hygiene that for centuries, they've shunned dentist, looking down upon those lesser souls like me who get cavities).
8. It's time for dinner and Ben just let me know that!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home